Sunday, August 9, 2009

I tried something that has been around the last year or so in the "fiber art" world - Ephemera post cards. So being the francophile that I am... I had to do one. I had found this upholstery fabric that is so quintessential French -- fashion and iconic locations all over. I added a layer of rose silk ala Eleanor Burns style as the frame.



















Then I looked at some "vintage" post cards from Cavalli papers, selected one with the right color tone and style I wanted and added a fusible post card back (from ribbonsmyth.com) that is also vintage in style......











Choosing embellishments is not easy! Too many to choose from... but I narrowed it down to so hand dyed silk ribbon, paper clips to hold the paper post card on, and charms that symbolize some of the ab fab culture of Paris -- perfume bottle, shows, and bejeweled handbag!










So I got to use the stamps I bought (see my post on 1 June) :) Loved them!!













The Finished Project! --- all of about 3 hours but could have done it faster IF I hadn't taken so much time picking the embellishments... but isn't that most of the fun!


1 comment:

  1. This is what I want to learn to do, making collages (adding in actual photos). Then I'll photograph them for my photo blog. If any turn out really nice I could frame them. But where do you find all the clipart? Online?

    ReplyDelete