Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dresses, Dresses, Dresses!

Yes it's been over a month since the last post! The mortgage paying job took me out of town for over 18 days then just regrouping. It feels good to get back to my soul fulfilling fun! I kept up my creative journal while traveling and of course had to buy a few things for embellishments on the current project.

Fabric.com had a fabulous sale and I got a little carried away but what fun to have those wonderful packages awaiting my return (it was pretty awesome to come home to my husband too)!

So I got things somewhat under control at the office and took three days off this week to get this next commision completed. Another dresses quilt - 9 dresses (panels) with three borders. Accessoring the dresses is the part I cannot wait to start. I had to go shoe, jewelry and purse shopping for each outfit. Those packages will be arriving in the next few days - thank goodness for EBAY!

The quilt came to life today. The nine dresses look great and the colors (fuschia and sage) look great but I added the last border today (after a trip to Vogue Fabrics) of fuschia dupioni silk. Rich colors and the perfect addition to the surround the "closet" of dresses.

Judge for yourself! I'll publish more photos as I get it completed.




No comments:

Post a Comment