Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Doodle art

Recently, doodling became a way of letting go. First I made a background.  Pick whatever colors I wanted, you say?  Okay.  I will and did.  But then it sat on my desk for two months.  I wasn't sure what I wanted it to look like or show or say or ...
You all know what I mean.
 
Last week lots of things went on at work that were so tragic and overwhelming I had to find a way besides journaling to release some tension, stress and grief.  I checked in on my favorite doodle master, Dawn Sokol Devries, via her website (http://www.dblogala.com/) and her books for inspiration.  The results of that time are below.  Although not as skilled as Dawn, I really enjoyed it.  I struggle with the letting go.  Give me a blank page to draw on and it remains a blank page.  I can copy anything I see (to a certain degree) but original drawings sometimes are a struggle.  But I'm very pleased with these doodles so far.
 
Try it!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment