Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pillows and other ideas...

Okay they are actually inspiring not sleep inducing. At least I think so. For the craft fair that I've entered I'm focusing on pillow covers 16" and 18" squares primarily. Some will be made of silk and linen and others of upholstery weight cotton in fabulous fabrics (http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/). Two are completed with two more fronts done; I just need to finish the backs and press them.



But I have had ALL weekend! My husband has been gone all weekend on a business trip Saturday - Monday so some my best cohort and friend and I have had some quality time on Twisted Fiber Studio and our stashes as well as the sewing machine.



Here are some photos. Keychains are Sue's. LOVE THEM! She's also working with a new product, Omni Gel, which when brushed on to photos, magazine photos, photocopies, etc, it will pull the image on the gel and you can wash the paper off, yes off and be left with the gel with the image. You can even get brush marks on the image making it look a bit like an oil painting.



Mid process...

She called me this morning to let me know that it worked! She has a lovely gel of the image here and will be adding it to the front of a handbag! Cannot wait to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment