Thursday, September 12, 2013

Time Grew Wings...

The summer has gone by so quickly.  I've been reminded how much life can change in a single blink of an eye.  In late May, I lost a dear friend and colleague to a scuba diving accident.  The blow to my soul cannot be described.  I've tried.  All the clichés come to mind:  "She was doing what she loved"; "She went quickly"; etc.  She lived life fully and didn't dwell on the negative for long.  She inspired all she encountered. She'll be missed.

As life carried on around me, 7 weeks later I was laid off from my company after 24 years.  A huge blow but as I examined my feelings about it, not as big a blow as I thought it would be.  What does that mean for me now?  Well, I'm taking time to take a few deep breathes and meditate on my next steps.  I am certain that creating and teaching will be front and center in my world.  The path that will take is another thing though.  That is what I will be pondering in the next few weeks or months. 

As my friend would say, move through it, take a deep breath and be open to all options.  Deborah, I will! 

Stay tuned, as I will be sharing the journey, the creativity, and the stages of my next adventures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment