Sunday, October 20, 2013

Buttons and Spoon River Drive

My sister, niece and parents go to the Spoon River Scenic Drive each year to visit the vendors and find collectables, gifts and whatnot.  http://www.spoonriverdrive.org/ It is a gorgeous place to visit (so I'm told... I never seem to be able to join them). 

This year my sister bought me two bags of buttons.  Excellent! Awesome!  Wait, there is more than buttons in these bags.  So far I have found 1/2 dozen nails and screws, one bolt, 5 needles (broken and not), 1 zipper tab, 8 old café curtain rings, snaps, bits of thread still on the buttons, old safety pins, buttons on cards, and of course hundreds of buttons. And no, I have no idea what to do with them yet.  Or should I say I have lots of ideas but nothing concrete yet.  But I will! 

    






And don't forget that on Thursday 24 October I'll have a couple tables full of gifts and goodies for sale at the Michigan Shores Club Holiday Boutique at 911 Michigan Ave., Wilmette, IL.  4-9pm 

Hope to see you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment