Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Thought for today...

Friends come from so many walks of life and unexpected avenues. They stand witness to the changes in my life in the last 6 months that have been so personally challenging and rewarding.  Most of all their support and belief in me is truly humbling.  I am truly blessed for so much more than I can articulate here.

For the first time in my life I've been able to focus on my own path and enjoy where it is leading me.  Surprises along the way, and doubt too, but that's to be expected.  In any case, when I'm this introspective I get restless, seeking direction, I guess.

When this happens, my new habit is retreating to my art area and exploring a new idea, a new medium or an old one.

Last Saturday, with the frigid temperatures encouraging us to stay indoors, I pulled out my Ice Resin and the molds I'd already made in a class last August. No, I'd not touched it since then. The items that I'd made in that class were awaiting paint and play, trying out different combinations for brooches or even pendants.

Many ideas are rumbling around my head but the one that had to be made immediately is this brooch.  It blossomed into a class idea of making brooches or hair clips or even pendants from hand made resin pieces.  Of course it did.  



1 comment:

  1. Love your creative ideas. What I see you doing is taking something as simple as a skeleton key and making it into a beautiful brooch, That's what I call recycling!

    ReplyDelete