Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Book pages continue to inspire me...

Book pages really do inspire me - to change my behavior, learn, love, dream, explore, ... and especially create. 

I had to explore more opportunities for art with words but more specifically pages from books. First cut the pages apart - line by line or two lines at at time.  Put them in a bag/box/pile and randomly pull one or two strips out.   

Words speak to us and on this project - I was reading each line to see what it said to me and how to highlight it in the art piece.

Then playing with color.... It overwhelms me and excites me all at the same time!  I know I cannot overthink it or I'll never put any color onto my art pieces. 


(You can see on the backside above how I tested the various colors on the paper to see what it would look like.)

but it results in a ..."proposal of marriage"...

Okay I'm a sucker for love and romance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment