Thursday, November 29, 2012

Inspiration comes from many places...

This week has been a vacation from the full time job and I've spent it creating, doing paperwork, preparing for teaching a class this weekend and a bit of retail therapy.  I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

These three pieces are done on art board.  I used my romantic notions of Paris and some of the new notions I bought at the Cloth Paper Scissors Create Retreat.  The hand lettering turned out well even though I find it to be something I have to truly focus on when lettering.  The gold leafing adds some richness to it.  

The lovely image at the right is entitled "Sweet Girl."  Again I was looking for another outlet for using book pages, while incorporating my girlie love of dresses. 

This last image incorporates a technique that I'll be teaching locally to incorporate book pages again while highlighting a particular message of importance to me.  "...he proposed marriage to me..." 

I love them but today I purchased frames to showcase them and WOW is all I can say.  I actually did a little happy dance when I looked at them in the frames.   Right now, this week, these creations, have brought me so much joy and happiness.  May all of you see what I see.  If not, take a chance and create your own "petite" image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment